Permits are required for any work done on a building valued at $500.00 or more whether by the Owner or a Contractor. If the Owner is doing the work he must secure a Building Permit and a Home Owner’s Disclosure form. Any work done by a Contractor must be done by a firm licensed by South Carolina Labor Licensing and Regulation (SCLLR). Residential Contractors may do work on Commercial buildings provided that the value of the work is less than $5000.00. All contractors must also secure a City of Newberry Business License.